April 30, 2021 11:59:59 PM Eastern Time Zone
The Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) Virtual Research Summer Institute program provides research opportunities, chances to connect with ORNL researchers, and associated activities for undergraduate and graduate students. The summer institute is designed to complement academic programs by utilizing the unique resources and mentorship from world-class scientists of Oak Ridge National Laboratory to enhance science, mathematics, engineering, and technology education; encourage careers in science and technology; and improve scientific literacy.
- Ten-week research experience
- Full-time participation (40 hours/week)
- Appointments will start on Monday, June 7, 2021, and end on Friday, August 13, 2021. Dates for individual appointments may be flexible to account for academic calendars and trimester schedules.
To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must:
- Be currently enrolled in a degree-seeking program at a regionally accredited U.S. college or university – Full-time and part-time students are eligible to apply
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Be 18 years of age
How to Apply
- Undergraduate students (currently pursuing an associate or bachelor’s degree) may apply here: https://zintellect.com/Opportunity/Details/ORNL-USO-2021vURSI
- Graduate students (currently pursuing a master’s or doctoral degree) may apply here: https://zintellect.com/Opportunity/Details/ORNL-GSO-2021vGRSI
If you have any questions, please contact ORNL-USO@orise.orau.gov.
This program is managed by Oak Ridge National Laboratory and administered by the STEM Workforce Development Unit of the Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE), which is managed by ORAU for the U.S. Department of Energy.This article was posted in Career & Professional Development.