Position: Food Export Midwest State Export Intern
Location: Division of Agricultural Development, International Marketing Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection 2811 Agriculture Drive, Madison, WI 53718-6777
Hours per week: 15 – 20 hours per week. This is a paid position, under contract from May/June through December 2021, with the option to extend through 2022
The chosen candidate will contract directly with the Food Export Association of the Midwest (Food Export Midwest). Food Export Association of the Midwest is a private, non-profit association that offers services to help U.S. companies promote their Midwestern food and agricultural products in foreign markets. For more information about Food Export Midwest, visit www.foodexport.org. For more information on the WI Department ofAgriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection, visit: http://datcp.wi.gov/
Brief Description: The position is located in the Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection (DATCP), Division of Agricultural Development. Until the building is fully open, the intern will work remotely with access to their own devices required. Training will be conducted in the building and remotely. The chosen candidate must be enrolled as a student. Job Duties: This position is responsible for administrative and program support for Food Export Midwest projects undertaken by the international staff of the Division of Agricultural Development. Primary responsibilities include market research, communicating with Wisconsin companies via email and telephone, data management, and event management:
- Food Export Midwest and International Marketing Database maintenance, which includes calling companies to get current contact information, updating databases with the correct information.
- Assist international staff with executing Food Export Midwest activities which includes: Emailing and calling US companies to inform of events, activities and export programs. Develop recruitment emails and flyers, signage for seminars, participation forms for activities, etc.
- Assist in organizing seminars (recruitment, promotion, seminar registration, and follow up),
- Schedule meetings for buyers’ missions to Wisconsin, etc.
- Gather results and evaluation forms from each activity
- Write success stories of companies exporting
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary, for example, writing reports on various sectors of the food and feed industries for Food Export Midwest. For more information about Food Export Midwest, visit www.foodexport.org.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Interest in global marketing efforts, international marketing, business, etc.
2. Excellent oral and written communication skills
3. Excellent data entry skills
4. Ability to use Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, illustration software, etc.
5. Knowledge of effective file management
To Apply: Send resume and letter of interest – indicating the number of hours you can work per week during the school year and summer, to Lisa Stout, 608/224-5126, firstname.lastname@example.org. Last date to apply: April 1, 2021This article was posted in Career & Professional Development.