Name: Dylan Witte
Areas of Study:
- Life Sciences Communication; Certificates – Gender & Women’s Studies, Classical Studies, and LGBTQ+ Studies
What is your favorite spot on campus?
- I really enjoyed going to the Botany Greenhouse to sit among the plants and do homework.
What has been the most meaningful campus activity that you participated in?
- I love being a part of Bell Magazine, a feminist magazine here on campus, where I get to be creative and write articles about topics that truly piques my interests.
What advice would you give your first-year self?
- Take an array of classes from different disciplines in your first year, you may be surprised by what classes you truly enjoy taking.
What keeps you grounded during tough times?
- I really rely on music to keep me grounded and spend a decent amount of time creating new playlists that help me to manage stress and unruly emotions.
What was a challenge or setback that you overcame and what did you learn from it?
- Coming to UW–Madison I quickly learned that I did not know how to study, and through trial and error I have learned what methods of studying and learning work best for me.
Is there a quote or motto you live by? If so, what is it?
- “Time may be infinite, but we are not so enjoy the time you have” ~Unknown, or maybe I just came up with it who knows.
- This quote reminds me not to stress too much about the small stuff and to take the time to value the time and experiences that I have been given.