The Dean of Students Office and University Health Services is working to offer space for UW students to explore The Role of White People in Racial Justice and Anti-Racism. The lead co-facilitators are Dr. Christina Olstad, Dean of Students and Dr. Mel Freitag, Diversity Officer, School of Nursing. Students will be able to sign up to attend the event as an additional safety measure for the virtual space.
The Role of White People in Racial Justice and Anti-Racism provides a space to gather, process, and explore ways to commit to racial justice as an aspiring White ally.
Goals of The Role of White People in Racial Justice and Anti-Racism
- To provide a dialogue space for students to talk and process the news and media coverage of the police-involved death of George Floyd in Minneapolis, MN, and other current events
- To build affinity between aspiring White allies around topics of race, racial justice, and social justice
- To allow space to share strategies for self-care, learning, and further action
- To share resources to promote further growth and development
All Badgers are invited to join us on Thursday, June 18 for UW-Madison Student Processing Space and Discussion. The event on Friday, June 19, Processing Space and Discussion: The role of White People in Racial Justice & Anti-Racism, will provide a space process and explore ways to commit to racial justice as an aspiring White ally.
- Thursday, June 18: 4:30-5:30 p.m.
UW-Madison Student Processing Space and Discussion
- Friday, June 19: Noon-1 p.m.
Processing Space and Discussion: The role of White People in Racial Justice & Anti-Racism
Students will be asked to fill out a survey in order to receive an invite to the event: https://uwmadison.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cHnlDA1bo6yQ9qR.
More information can be found at this site: https://students.wisc.edu/blog/join-us-student-centered-processing-spaces-held-this-week/
|Christina Olstad, EdD
Dean of Students
University of Wisconsin-Madison
70 Bascom Hall
|Mel Freitag, PhD | Pronouns: She, Her, Hers
University of Wisconsin-Madison School of Nursing