During COVID-19, the CALS Academic Affairs Office WILL process Short Term Loans for students experiencing financial hardships. Short Term Loans may be up to $1,500 and are to be paid back within 6 months.
The process is temporarily moving online. If you are in need of a CALS Short Term Loan, please email the CALS Academic Affairs Office to express your request. A Dean on Call will be in touch with you within 24 business hours to discuss your request.
The Short Term Loan (STL) steps are:
1) Email the CALS Academic Affairs Office; in the subject line, indicate “Dean on Call – STL Request” and briefly explain your request in your email
2) Complete the application the Dean on Call emails to you
3) Return the application via email to the Dean on Call who sent it to you; a follow up phone call may be required depending on individual circumstances
4) A Short Term Loan Promissory Note will be emailed to you from the Short Term Loan Office. You will need to print the form, sign it, scan it, and email it back to firstname.lastname@example.org
5) If you are not already enrolled in eRefund, enroll in eRefund in the “Financial Account” area of your student center for an expedited payment directly into your bank account (Paper checks are the less preferred option since they are processed only once a week mailed USPS to the mailing address in your student center.)
Email CALS Academic Affairs Office