Are you planning to complete an internship in the state or federal legislature? If so, we have a funding opportunity for you. The application is available using this link: Spitze Legislative Internship Funding.
Here are the details of the opportunity.
Spitze Internship Financial Support: Summer 2020 Application – for Legislative Internships
College of Agricultural & Life Sciences and School of Human Ecology
The College of Agricultural and Life Sciences is pleased to announce the Robert and Hazel Spitze Legislative Internship Program. This award is associated with a student acquired internship. The opportunity will help student interns experience the unique processes of the Legislative branch of government and will help them better understand the theories of participatory economic and political policy development at the State and Federal levels.
To be eligible for financial support students must:
- Be currently enrolled in a degree program in the University of Wisconsin – Madison College of Agricultural and Life Sciences (CALS) or the School of Human Ecology (SoHE).
- Have Junior standing at UW‐Madison and completion of one year in CALS or SoHE.
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least a BC (2.5 on a 4 point scale).
- Demonstrate evidence of special interest in public policy as part of a career; generally including having completed at least one course in political science, law, public policy or related subject matter.
- Obtain an internship opportunity with the legislative branch of state or federal government and register for at least one credit in an internship course.
- Provide confirmation from internship supervisor, stating the terms (timeframe and nature of work) of internship. This confirmation (on organization letterhead) can be emailed to John Klatt, CALS Career Services, at email@example.com. Subject Line: Spitze Legislative Internship Financial Support – Verification.
- Be enrolled for at least 1 credit at time of financial support payout to receive funds.
Please complete online application by Monday, April 13, 2020 at 4:30pm (Central). Applicants will be notified during final exams week or sooner.This article was posted in Career & Professional Development.