PPD is currently recruiting for our 2020 Summer Internship Program at our GMP Laboratory. The Program requires full-time hours (40 hours per week) starting Monday, June 1st through Friday August 14th. If a student is not local to the Madison, WI area, he/she will be responsible for finding temporary housing.
Internships are available with several departments including Small Molecule, Inhalation, Physical & Chemical Characterization, Extractables & Leachables, Biopharmaceutical, Cell, Gene & Cell Therapy, and Microbiology. Placement will be determined based on interest and major of study.
Interns will learn about a contract research laboratory and its role within the pharmaceutical research and development industry. They will also be assigned specific project activities under the direction of their supervisor. The student will benefit by applying what they have learned in the classroom to practical situations and by having various opportunities to develop professionally.
Degree concentrations desired: Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Molecular Biology, Cellular Biology, Microbiology, or other life science degrees
Please note: Candidates requiring long-term sponsorship will not be considered.
- Assisting team members with assigned tasks in specific project areas, as well as completing tasks in “Student’s Measurable Learning Objectives”
- Training within department (attend departmental specific training)
- Attending meetings and other learning opportunities
- Other tasks under the direction of the PPD supervisor
Education and Experience:
- Must be enrolled in a Life Science Undergraduate program as a rising Junior or rising Senior
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good organizational skills and strong attention to detail, with proven ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and effectively
- Good English and grammar skills
- Good computer skills, proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.