Every student at UW-Madison deserves to feel welcome, supported and included into our community. The university strives to create and maintain a safe learning and work environment for all. We understand this goal is not always reality. If you or someone you know has experienced an incident of hate or bias on campus, you can report incidents online. The institution values our diverse community and understands how negatively an incident can impact the entire community around us.
If you are a victim of sexual misconduct, dating and domestic violence, or stalking, you also have support here on campus. The University is committed to providing an environment dedicated to safety and security regardless of sex, gender, or sexual orientation.
- For 24/7 confidential consultation with a health care provider or counselor, students may call University Health Services at 608 265-5600 (option 9).
- To contact UW-Madison’s reporting and complaint advisors or a Title Ⅸ coordinator, email Lauren Hasselbacher at firstname.lastname@example.org for a response during business hours.
Please note that faculty, staff, teaching assistants, and others who work directly with students at UW-Madison are required by law to report first-hand knowledge or disclosures of sexual assault. Click here for more information, ways to get resources and support, or how to file a report.
Have questions, or want to talk to someone further? The Dean of Students Office at 70 Bascom Hall is a “go to” spot for student assistance. Available by phone, online, or in person. Drop in hours are Monday-Friday from 8:30am-4:00pm. The Dean of Students Office can help if you are struggling with any of the following:
- Bias Incidents
- Academic Issues
- Danger to Self or Others
- Death of a Friend or Family Member
- Family Crisis
- Financial Issues
- Food Insecurity
- Health Issue
- Housing Insecurity
- Mental Health Concerns
- Physical Health (Illness, injury, etc.)
- Pregnancy and Parenting Students
- Sexual Assault, Dating, Domestic Violence or Stalking
- Students of Concern
- Student Report of Misconduct of Other Student
- Undocumented Student Support
- Victim of a Crime