Tyson Foods Inc. Information Session
October 24, Information Session
Babcock Hall, room 119
Tyson Foods Inc. is looking to add Food Safety & Quality Assurance interns to its team for the summer of 2019. The interns will work out of our Tyson Foods Corporate Office located in downtown Chicago, Illinois. The selected intern will participate in food safety & quality assurance facility audits, develop standardized enterprise-wide food safety & quality assurance training programs, support Tyson Foods innovation and product development projects, participate and lead technical services assigned projects, as well as in other food safety & quality assurance projects as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in facility food safety & quality assurance audits
- Develop enterprise-wide training programs and develop post-training assessments
- Support FSQA team’s efforts providing data entry in the FSQA project database
- Support FSQA team’s objectives through analyzing and reporting against KPIs
- Support FSQA team’s development and implementation of enterprise-wide programs
- Self-motivated and self-started
- Able to multitask and manage time efficiently
- Bachelor’s degree in food science, animal (meat) science, food microbiology or nutrition (Junior or Senior)
- Detail oriented, organized, and have good communications skills GPA of at least 3.0
- Prior experience with meeting deadlines
Tyson TEAM members will be onsite, October 25, 2018 conducting interviews. We will provide a presentation about Tyson Foods, our Food Safety and Quality TEAM, and our internship program on October 24, 2018 from 5:00 to 6:00 in Babcock Hall Room 119. Interested candidates are highly encouraged to attend the meeting.