The Summer Course Equivalency Service available through the Office of Admissions and Recruitment will be open from March 1 – May 15. As a reminder, the CES is for currently enrolled UW-Madison students who plan to complete summer coursework at another institution. Once a student’s CES request has been processed, they will receive an equivalency detailing exactly how their coursework will transfer to UW-Madison. Students can log in with their Net ID and password at the CES page on our website to submit requests, view results, and make changes.
- The CES is only available to students who are currently enrolled at UW-Madison.
- We will equate a maximum of four courses per student.
- Students are limited to summer course enrollment equal to one credit per week of summer session with the exception of the eight-week session, which allows for 9 credits to be earned over the eight-week period. Twelve credits is the maximum number of credits that will be awarded for summer study. Students must have approval from their academic dean’s office for a credit overload for summer. Students will not be granted credit for courses that exceed this limit.
- Students who plan to complete coursework abroad or are part of a study abroad program which is not affiliated with UW–Madison should request Transfer Credit Services through International Academic Programs.
- Students attending a UW System school or Wisconsin Technical College should consult the Transfer Information System for course equivalencies, and students attending select community colleges in Minnesota and Illinois should consult the Transfer Equivalency Database.
If students have any questions, please refer to the dedicated email address starting March 1st at: firstname.lastname@example.orgThis article was posted in Academics Corner.