With the end of the semester comes feelings of excitement and anticipation, especially as the holidays draw near. But standing between you and hot cocoa surrounded by family and friends are final exams, projects and presentations. These end of semester assessments are a great way to reflect on what you’ve learned the past four months, but they can also feel quite stressful. Get ahead of your stress by following these tips:
- Practice relaxation exercises regularly.
- Check out this 2 minute video from UHS about test anxiety. Learn more stress management techniques.
- Are family and friends asking for your holiday gift list? Request an early present – for $40 you can get a 50 minute massage or spend $20 on acupuncture at UHS. Both are relaxing and promote overall wellness. It’ll be worth the short break from studying!
- Physical activity and exercise are excellent ways to de-stress. Several different types of yoga and group fitness classes are offered at the Natatorium.
- Eat well and SLEEP. Check out healthy recipe options offered by UHS. Research strongly suggests that you need sleep in order to consolidate memories and avoid stupid mistakes, as reported by Business Insider. Take care of your mind and body – you need them both in good condition come test time!